|Location||UFO Base / UFO Mothership|
|Climate||Outdoors; Clouds in the Background|
|Unlockable|| Arcade League > Maximus > R-109 Beta|
with a Bronze Medal or higher
|Recommended Bots|| Candi Skyler|
|Recommended Weapons|| Scifi Handgun|
Looks and Features Edit
Ufopia is mostly composed of glass, metal, and UFOs. The map has an orange/yellow tint to it, although some areas are blue. The level is mostly a few large areas interconnected by a network of corridors. There are two UFO hangars, two outside areas, a control room/cockpit, a core, and several smaller areas. Half the walls in the level feature glass. Most of the areas here have roundish shapes, and the base/ship itself seems to be in a circular shape. Of course, the whole place looks very futuristic, due to the glass and metal. The UFOs also contribute to this future look.
Ufopia has some references to the TS2 level Return to Planet X. For example, at several points in Planet X you must jump through a hole to get to the next area. This is the same in Ufopia, as you have to fall through a hole to get from one hangar to the next. Additionally, in Planet X, you can access areas that overlook areas where you previously were. This is the same in Ufopia, except here you can't fall back down to the previous place. Also, the UFOs resemble those in the Ozor Mox base from TS2.
Base or Ship? Edit
Ufopia can either be a UFO base, such as the one in Planet X, or a UFO Mothership. It is unclear exactly which one is right, but there are clues pointing to both. There is less evidence pointing to a base, but it is still possible. Due to the background outside, which is a bunch of clouds, suggest a ship, although you may be in a very tall base, or floating one. In the structure itself, there is a small room that looks like a control room. This could be a cockpit for the mothership, or a control room for a base. The last piece of evidence is a core room with a plasma pillar coming from the bottom. This seems like some kind of engine for a ship.
Mode Advice Edit
- All Deathmatch-like modes (i.e. Regeneration or Leech) - These modes are good for any map, so there's your reason.
- Virus or Flame Tag - The many twisted corridors make it hard to anticipate an enemy but it is possible to jump down on a stationary ufo and not get touched by the AI at all!
- Zones - The map is good for zones, just because it's fun playing zones here.
- Originally, Ufopia had a different map preview image in-game. Originally it was the satellite, the satellite is the one on the rim of the ship above the small bridge.
- Ufopia is the only map in TimeSplitters 2 that is not in any Arcade League or Challenge scenario.
- Main article: Ufopia Glitches