Timed unlocks are secrets in TimeSplitters 1 that are unlocked by beating story mode levels quickly. The times to beat on each level are listed below with the associated rewards in parenthesis.
- Tomb: 1 min (Paintball)
- Chinese: 1 min 15 s (Chinese Waiter)
- Cyberden: 50 s (Siamese Cyborg)
- Village: 30 s (All Heads Detachable)
- Chemical Plant: 30 s (Male SWAT and Female SWAT)
- Planet X: 1 min (Green Alien)
- Mansion: 3 min (Big Heads cheat)
- Docks: 1 min 15 s (Male Solider and Female Soldier)
- Spaceways: 1 min 5 s (Red Alien)
- Tomb: 4 min 30 s (Priestess)
- Chinese: 3 min 25 s (Gun Sounds)
- Cyberden: 4 min 30 s (Tuxedo Cyborg)
- Village: 3 min (Hick Hyde)
- Chemical Plant: 1 min 30 s (Infinite Ammo)
- Planet-X: 4 min 20 s (Float Alien)
- Mansion: 5 min 30 s (Overall Mutant)
- Docks: 3 min (Big Hands)
- Spaceways: 1 min 20 s (Female Alien)
- Tomb: 8 min (Teeth Mummy)
- Chinese: 6 min 20 s (Mister Big)
- Cyberden: 7 min (Enemy Rockets)</p>
- Village: 4 min 45 s (Insect Mutant)</span></p>
- Chemical Plant: 5 min 30 s (Malehood)</p>
- Planet-X: 5 min 15 s (All Characters Headless)</p>
- Mansion: 15 min (Girl Zombie)</p>
- Docks: 7 min (Shock Trooper)</p>
- Spaceways: 6 min 30 s (Small Heads)</p>
- You must beat the time; tying it will not work.
- Unlike with the unlocks for just finishing levels, these unlocks do not stack (i.e. if you finish under the required time for a level on hard but haven't yet done it on easy/normal, you will not unlock the timed secrets for easy or normal).
- Each difficulty has 3 levels that unlock cheats and 6 levels that unlock characters.
- Each individual level unlocks a cheat on one difficulty and a character on the other two.
- The only difficulty which requires true speedruns is easy. A few levels on normal must be played fairly briskly, but need not be done as fast as possible. All levels on hard can be done quite slowly.
- The times are not listed anywhere in the game; they were discovered via extensive testing by BDoleSH.