| Fire Rate|
bullets per sec/cartridge time
| TS1 : 3.25 per second|
TS2 : 1.5 per second
TSFP : 1.4 per second
|Reload Time|| TS1 : TS1 SRT|
TS2 : TS2 SRT
TS:FP : 2.5 Seconds
| Damage (per Single Shot)|
| TSFP: Instant kill/35%/14.5%|
TS2: Instant kill/30%/12.5%
TS1 : 100%/45%/18%
|Native Timezone||1969 - 2019|
|Zoom|| TS1 : x7.5|
TS2 : x15
TSFP : x14
|Primary Fire||Single shot|
|Secondary Fire||Single shot|
The Sniper Rifle is a long-range weapon featured in all three games. It has a powerful scope, good for aiming at enemies hundreds of yards away. However, it may be difficult to hit a fast moving target. Also, as with most snipers, the Sniper Rifle is a terrible weapon for close combat. It is mostly used in stealth missions, such as 1990 Siberia. In TS2 and TSFP, the Sniper Rifle shares ammo with the Vintage Rifle.
In TimeSplitters the sniper rifle resembles the Heckler & Koch P-SG1. In TimeSplitters 2, it is a bullpup sniper rifle with a silencer and wooden grips that resembles the Sniper Rifle found in the video game Goldeneye 007 for the N64 (a nod to the fact that Timesplitters was developed by the same people who worked on 007.) In turn, the rifle is based on the Walther WA2000.
In TSFP, it makes an appearance in the 1969 levels, but it is bolt action instead of semi-automatic. This iteration of the rifle takes on elements on the Artic Warfare series of sniper rifles, having polymer grips, rather than wooden ones. Despite this, the Vintage Rifle retains the wooden look and is given a new scope, and dramatically resembles the one used on the Sniper Rifle in TS2.
In TS1, when "if best" is switched on, the Sniper Rifle ranks as the 10th worst weapon, the same level as the Scifi Sniper Rifle and Colt Pistol (x2). The weapon is sligtly weaker in TS2. However, all games have an instant kill with headshots in Arcade.
- In the original TimeSplitters, the Sniper Rifle does not have a unique scope. Instead, it uses the same default crosshair, as every other weapon in the game. It can also zoom out all the way; something impossible in the 2 later games.
- The Sniper Rifle originally had a laser sight in TimeSplitters 2, but it was removed before the final release.
- The Sniper Rifle in TSFP fires .308 FMJ rounds. This can be seen by looking at the Sniper Ammo box preview in MapMaker.
- In TimeSplitters Future Perfect, bots seen holding the sniper rifle are seen to be firing from the hip, which should have a severe effect on accuracy.
- In TS1, the sniper rifle seems to have a silencer, but its sounds are given to the TS2 vintage rifle, which lacks one.
- If equipped with a Sniper Rifle in the TimeSplitters 2 or Future Perfect Mapmaker, Story AI which would otherwise be unaware of the player due to distance, are able to spot the player across the entire map.