| Fire Rate|
bullets per sec/cartridge time
| single : 2 p/s |
triple : 3 p/s
| Damage (per Single Shot)|
|Primary Fire||Single Shot|
|Secondary Fire||3-Rocket salvo|
The Homing Launcher, as its name implies, is a very powerful weapon; Capable of downing all but the toughest of enemies in one direct blast.
In the hands of a skilled player, the weapon can be deadly artillery, striking foes from extreme range, with the user aided by both the targeting reticules around viable targets and the crosshair, which the latter is more suitable for long range acquisition.
The missiles themselves perform far more efficiently than those fired from the Gun Turrets, with semi-active pathfinding capabilities.
Each rocket that lands on a target will mostly be sufficient to kill him/her, with near-misses enough to half the opponent's health. Even a target with maximum armor will be left with next-to-no health after a direct hit.
The Homing Launcher's secondary fire grants the user to launch a trio of homing missiles which can follow up to three independent targets (hence the lock-on system capable of maintaining locks of up to three targets at a given time).
The lock-on system is rather sticky, meaning players can 'accidentally' waste rockets on targets who are already being chased by other missiles, even if the launcher is pointed directly at a new target.
The speed of the missiles are rather slow, compared to the faster speed of its unguided cousins. Players who have collected the Speed powerup can outrun or even out maneuver the missiles, which have a wide turning berth.
During flight, homing missiles have a maximum range; Even if the lock-on system has a target further away. Missiles that reach their maximum range explode, damaging anyone within the blast radius
Lastly, missiles may go through windows (and smash them throughout) but they can't open doors; this can be exploited by targeted players who can go through doors in order for them to close before the missiles themselves pass through themselves.
- It is first found in Return to Planet X where the player can find two weapon parts used to make the Homing Launcher, as well as ammunition for it.
- The Homing Launcher is once again found in Robot Factory (Story) in the hands of the last SentryBot who is guarding the entrance to the Machinist's machine.
- The rockets, fired from this individual seem to perform much less than what it supposed to and they lack the three orbiting lights around their exhaust. This is likely for balancing reasons.
- Even if it is described on the TimeSplitters website that it can target UFOs, it is seemingly unable to do so.
- When fired twice at the same target in large open areas, such as Ice Station, assuming the first rocket hits and kills the target, the second rocket will follow the enemy towards its new spawn point. If done correctly, you can get a second/spawn kill on the same enemy. Be careful, if the enemy spawns behind you that second rocket WILL be headed in your direction.