Hick Hyde is a Mutant in the TimeSplitters series. They appear to wear no shirt and have a severely mutated left arm, which is dark green and has been disfigured and shaped incorrectly. They also wear blue jeans and a white cowboy hat.
|Unlock||Complete Village on Normal in 03:00.0|
|Gesture||Stumbles about gibbering "Hey! Let me see here—" (burp) "Woo doggie! I got me some shootin' to do!"|
- Main article: Village (Story)
In a Village in the 1950s, a cursed artefact was discovered underneath the village and started to mutate the people residing there. It is the mission of two scientists, Doctor Seth Graven and Doctor Katje Nadir to retrieve this artifact for deeper research, however the Mutants are against this. It is unknown whether this is of their own free will or if the artifact has the mutants under mind control; only death will stop them from trying to preserve it.
- In his gesture, he has a green potion, a reference to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde where Dr. Jekyll drinks a green potion and changes into Mr. Hyde, hence Hick Hyde.
- Hick Hyde was originally going to be named Hick Mutant.
- Hick Hyde and The Freak share several similarities. Both share the same sound files, are shirtless, and have a mutated left arm. Both are also the only Mutants in the series that are openly artificial, but lack the 'Mutant' suffix in their name.
- Hick looks a lot like Prof. Perry from Red Dead Revolver. Both characters also carry potions and act doddery.