|Native Timezone||1969 - 1972|
|Related Characters|| Kitten Celeste (Girlfriend)|
Christine Malone (Co-worker)
Archibald Khallos (Arch-Nemesis)
TimeSplitters Future Perfect
Harry Tipper is one of the few characters of the TimeSplitters series who has reprised his role in all three games. In TimeSplitters 2 and TimeSplitters Future Perfect he attempts to foil the evil plans of his arch-nemesis, Khallos.
Very little about Harry Tipper's backstory has been revealed, but we can assume that he may have been born into a wealthy family. It is unknown if he has any personal motivations for being a detective or his reasons for becoming a spy. He is the joint owner of the Disco known as "The Big Tipper", and always has a wide selection of clothing, both male and female, at hand. In every appearance and attire, Harry sports his shades and his moustache.
|Det. Harry Tipper|
|Gesture||Takes a comb out of his gun holster and combs his hair back while saying "Oh yeah... that's right!"|
Harry appears in the original TimeSplitters in a 1970s cop outfit. This includes a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a blue tie, blue jeans and smart brown shoes. He appears as one of the male protagonists of the game's Story.
Harry appears in TimeSplitters 2 wearing a blue suit and sporting his shades and a moustache. New to this game, Kitten Celeste is discovered to be his girlfriend, and again new, Khallos appears to be his arch nemesis, though 1972 isn't the first recorded time they met.
Harry Tipper returns in TimeSplitters Future Perfect wearing a white shirt and blue trousers. He wears a belt, brown shoes, a blue sleeveless jacket and his trademark shades and moustache. His attire is set in 1969, his earliest chronological appearance to date.
- Main article: The Russian Connection
When Sergeant Cortez met Harry Tipper, he was spying on Khallos, who was angry at Tipper for ruining his plans for world domination so he kidnapped Harry's girlfriend, Kitten Celeste. Cortez and Tipper worked together to sneak through the defences and managed to past several of Khallos's Henchmen. Harry decided to take the pipes and rendezvous with Cortez under the water tower. To get pass the security cameras at the front gate Harry went to the barracks and stole some henchman uniforms. As he only had one outfit for a Henchman, he was stuck wearing a Henchwoman's outfit. Posing as guards while wearing guard uniforms, the duo restarted the power inside the base and fought their way to the sub-levels. They were separated when Harry had to rescue some hostages, but both managed to board The Khallos Express and continue their hunt for Khallos.
- Main article: The Khallos Express
|"Woo-hoo! This is the most fun I've had with another guy!"|
— Harry Tipper
Tipper helped Cortez board the train and the two then traveled from car to car searching for Khallos, in the hope of preventing the launch of his "French Missile", a nuclear weapon he is planning to use to start World War III. They battled two Helicopters and deactivated the missile just before engaging Khallos himself. The two then eventually stopped the train just before it ran over Kitten Celeste, Tipper's girlfriend.
- Main article: Chinese (Story)
In TimeSplitters, Tipper is not acting as a secret agent, but rather as a police officer, suggesting that something happened that caused a temporary demotion, or at least having a request to do a less professional job. In his next mission, Detective Tipper raided a Chinese Restaurant, alongside Lieutenant Christine Malone, that is a front for a criminal ring that includes Mister Big. They gathered the gang's files, and escaped.
- Main article: Atom Smasher
Two years later, Harry was once again acting as a secret agent, or so it would appear. Captured by Khallos, he managed to free himself from his prison, saved himself from an almost certain death, and deactivated various explosives around the Atom Smasher base before ensuring that Khallos met his final demise once and for all, or so it seemed. He is aided by his girlfriend, Kitten Celeste, and the two of them escape together.
- In the mission "The Khallos Express", Harry Tipper throws a henchman off the train and says, "No ticket" as a reference to either Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade or the Kevin Smith film Dogma, which had this line as a reference to Last Crusade.
- The Harry Tipper part of the Story Mode features elements from various spy films. Some elements include Tipper's arch-nemesis, Khallos, who is a suitably generic-looking villain, and the ridiculous uniforms which may be a partial reference to the Austin Powers series of films.
- Harry Tipper's voice is radically different in TimeSplitters Future Perfect than when compared to the previous games. In TimeSplitters 2, Tipper's voice was comparable to an imitation of actor Bruce Campbell in sound and manner of speaking, whereas here, Tipper has a deep, gravelly voice, similar to George Carlin.
- Interestingly, Cortez asks Tipper "Who are you?" when they meet in Timesplitters 3, despite having inherited Tipper's body in Timesplitters 2 (this had not yet happened in Tipper's timeline, but for Cortez, it had). Cortez also does not appear to recognise Khallos, despite fighting him in Timesplitters 2 (and possibly being captured as well, although it could be that Cortez had not possessed Tipper during the "torture scene" sequence). However, Khallos does look considerably different in Timesplitters Future Perfect, and Cortez can only see him from a distance when he asks, suggesting that Cortez simply did not recognise Khallos. This still does not explain why he had to ask who Tipper was, although Tipper, too, appears slightly different, and Cortez may have simply missed the chance to note what Tipper looked like while he possessed him in the previous game.
- While the game's creators insist that The Russian Connection happened after Atomsmasher, several in-game things contradict. Most obvious is that The Russian Connection is set in 1969 as opposed to 1972 for Atomsmasher, and while Khallos is alive in The Russian Connection and doesn't die in The Khallos Express (At least, his death isn't seen). He is gunned down and his corpse is presumably destroyed in Atomsmasher.
- In TimeSplitters 1, Harry Tipper is a cop in the story level 1970 "Chinese". In the next game: TimeSplitters 2, Tipper is a secret agent sent to foil the evil master mind Khallos. Harry apears in the story mission 1972 "Atom Smasher". In the mission, Harry ends up killing Khallos.
- Finally on TimeSplitters Future Perfect, Cortez meets up with Tipper who is an agent in the story mission 1969 " Russian Conection" and helps him so far that Harry leads him all the way onto a train where Khallos is waiting for them. Cortez ends up fighting Khallos who is on a jet pack. Cortez does not kill him though, Khallos's jet pack goes wild and shoots him into the sky. While this is happening Khallos yells " I will have my revenge!", proving the fact that Khallos stays alive until 1972. But this still shows that Harry Tipper was an agent at least one year before he became a cop! Then after being a cop for two years, Harry goes back to being an agent! So this means Harry's help in the TimeSplitter war lasted only 4 years!