The Fists are your default and mostly your starting weapon when the 'Begin with Weapon' option is disabled. Naturally you use them punch other enemies up close.
SummaryEditQuite simply, and obviously, the fists are standard melee attacks, with your chosen character unleashing a powerful punch, and will continue to do so as long as you hold the fire button
(Or melee button in Future Perfect).
All character can use their fists, and even if it varies from each character, the power, or speed stay relatively the same. The only possible advantage is height, in the Monkey and 'shrunk' characters, which is more nimble and to a degree faster, can be more efficient with the attack.
However using your hands puts you at risk getting killed at close range when the opponent is wielding the weapon, especially with those that excel in close rangem such as the Shotgun.
TipsEditThe best place to aim for when using fists on an enemy is the back of the head. If you can get up behind them while they're fighting someone else, you can kill them before they even see you.
However, if they do see you, you should keep attacking and moving randomly, but staying as close as you can. This will make you much harder to hit with most Weapons and you shouldn't have too much trouble evading guns such as the Dispersion Gun.
If you wish to, it is possible to make a game with exclusively fists. This is done by selecting a custom weapon set, and turning all slots to "none". This is fun when playing with friends, especially during BagTag.
- When not attacking, the player's right fist is visible on screen in TimeSplitters Future Perfect unlike in TimeSplitters 1 and TimeSplitters 2.
- In TimeSplitters Future Perfect, the fists appear to be open hands, rather then being clenched.
- In TimeSplitters 1,The player can only punch with their right hand. Also the punch looks more like a slap, due to the fact that the fist is not clenched.
- Bots in TimeSplitters 1 cannot use fists meaning they never attack when unarmed, instead they just keep running around the arena looking for weapons or simply stand still and look around.
- In TimeSplitters 1 the player's punching animation is not seen by other players.
- In TimeSplitters 2, if a player rapidly punches, their character will appear not to to face the direction they are actually facing to other players.
- In TimeSplitters Future Perfect, to other players, a player's turning appears to be delayed while rapidly punching, and to other players characters appear to only punch with their right hand.
- In TimeSplitters 2, if the player manually presses the attack button instead of holding it down, the punches will be more visibly extended in first person.
- Technically, fists are not a weapon, but are classified as so.
- Bots, in Timesplitters 2 are able to knock out their fellow AI opponents in extremely rapid succession but when they attack players, they hit at a much slower rate.
- In Timesplitters 2, any unarmed hit to the back will kill instantly in Story Mode.