|Related Characters||Deer Turret|
|Games||TimeSplitters Future Perfect|
The Deerhaunter appears in TimeSplitters Future Perfect as a playable character. The character resembles a large deer standing on its hind legs. The Deerhaunter has been stripped of its skin. Its large antlers, hooked arms and hooves make it a formidable opponent. The Deerhaunter appears in the Story mode level Mansion Of Madness as the first boss, originally a deer head mounted on a wall. It seems the illicit experiments at the mansion have caused it to grow a partially-formed body and eventually become animate.
The Deerhaunter makes its sole appearance in TimeSplitters Future Perfect. It appears as the first boss character in Mansion of Madness, fighting Cortez and Jo-Beth Casey in the mansion's dining room. Outside of Story mode, it appears in a single Arcade League match, as well as a couple of bot sets.
- Main article: Mansion Of Madness Glitches#Boss Glitch
There is a glitch in the fight against The Deerhaunter to make the boss easier; just go into the hole in the wall he came from and he can't hurt you.
- Deerhaunter is a reference to the 1978 film called The Deer Hunter.
- Its facial appearance strongly resembles the 'possessed' deer mount in a scene in 1987's 'Evil Dead 2', when Ash seems to temporarily lose his sanity.
- It may also be a reference to the original TimeSplitters Story mission Mansion (Itself the basis for Mansion of Madness ) which had deer heads acting as autoturrets.
- The phrase "Moose is loose" is used by Jo-Beth Casey and the Deerhaunter, although Deerhaunter does not appear to be a moose.