|Location||In a Mine|
|Unlockable|| Can't Handle This with |
a Bronze Medal or better
|Recommended Bots|| Jebediah Crump|
|Recommended Weapons|| Soviet S47|
The Chasm is a large, dark mine. On both sides of the chasm itself, there are large multilevel "grid-like" structures which go far back into the walls. These structures are joined together by several bridges which stretch across the chasm. There are no railings on the bridges, so it is very easy to fall off into the abyss below.
The map is completely symmetrical in shape. The two sides of the map are not completely identical however; the interiors of the buildings have some minute differences. For instance, one side of the structures has red lighting, whereas the other has blue lighting. Due to Chasm's similarity, it can be easy to get lost.
It is a good map to get the Lemming Award and the Ledgehopper award. It is also a fun map for Flame Tag, if you have a custom weapon set consisting of just fists.
- Main article: Chasm Glitches
There are several glitches on this level. One includes obtaining "-1" lives on, and bots losing loads quickly. This may also lead to the dead roaming around on Elimination when they're "out".
There is also another glitch unconnected to the others whereby you can jump off and escape into a glitch where the space around doesn't appear normally.
- Chasm has only 3 zones instead of the usual even number, making it an irregularity among TS2 maps.
- Chasm does not have its own music, instead using Hangar's.
- The level bears resembelance to Perfect Dark's G5 Building Combat Simulator Arena. A nod to the developers' roots in Rare. The bridges are the main hint to it.
- This map has a special animation when falling down the chasm. The player appears to slowly flip while flailing their arms and legs about.